What can I do to make sure my boat trailer is properly maintained?
BAD 2D BONE TRAILERS, Aluminum Boat Trailers recommends regular maintenance during the boating season as follows:
- Lights, wiring, coupler action, safety cables, winch cable and nut torque should be checked before each use.
- The recommended lubricant, complex-based high-temperature wheel bearing grease, should be applied through the hub bearing cover grease fitting after each water immersion of a hot hub, or monthly, whichever comes first. The rapid cooling effect of the water could promote water penetration past the wheel seals. The application of grease at this point is intended to displace the aspirated water as it cools down.
- All fasteners should be checked for proper tension. All roller and winch assemblies should be checked to make sure they move freely and lubricated as necessary.
- “regularly” by a mileage or elapsed time designation. Common sense and caution are good rules of thumb in this case.
- Disc brakes do not require adjustment.
Recommended annual maintenance should include all of the above in addition to the following:
- Annual maintenance should include disassembly, cleaning, inspection and repacking of all wheel bearings with the recommended lubricant, lithium complex based high temperature wheel bearing grease.
- It is recommended that the inner seal and retaining hardware be replaced each time the hub assembly is removed from the trailer.
- All moving parts inside the brakes and sliding points on the brake caliper should be inspected for wear and free movement, and lubricated as necessary. Brake pads should be inspected to ensure that they are clean, dry, free of contaminants and not worn below their service limit.
- Brake fluid should be completely bled once a year and replaced.
- All fasteners should be checked for proper tension. All roller and winch assemblies should be checked to ensure that they move freely and lubricated as necessary. Bunk boards should be checked for internal integrity.
- Frames and axles should be visually inspected for rust, damage and fractures.
At BAD 2D BONE TRAILERS, Aluminum Boat Trailers we perform the annual maintenance of your boat trailer so you can use it without any problem.
Contact us 954-545-3020
Florida, United States.