Reserve an additional 15 to 20 minutes before your next boat adventure to properly maintain and inspect your boat trailer.
Here’s what you may need:
- Corrosion protection spray
- Water Displacement Lubricant
- Brake Fluid
- Hub grease
We recommend to start from the back forward.
- Verify that the lights are fully operational. Having someone nearby to help you would be ideal but if you are working alone, place your boat trailer near a reflective surface where you can see the lights
- Check all the tire pressure. If needed add air to reach the correct psi.
- Perform a grease change
- Check for loose/play in the hubs by moving wheels back and forth. If you feel any movement then have the bearings checked.
- Check that brakes are working and fully operational.
Gears and winch:
- Spray handle with lubricant.
- Spray gears with anti-corrosion spray.
- Unroll the strap completely and check for fraying or damage and return belt to set position.
- Spray with corrosion protection spray.
- Use corrosion protection spray inside and outside and make sure latch is securing properly.
Keeping your trailer in good condition is very simple, and it also guarantees its proper functioning.
At BAD 2D BONE TRAILERS we design and assemble Boat Trailers according to each need.
Florida, United States.